Are Your Brakes Up to Speed? New Legislation for Trailed Equipment March 2015.November 24, 2014
When did you last get your trailer or tanker brake tested? If you can’t remember, you are not alone because currently we have an industry wide epidemic of ‘under braked’ trailed equipment in use. With new legislation coming in from March 2015 increasing the maximum combination weight limit for tractors and trailers from 24.39 to 31 tonnes and from 20 to 25 MPH for conventional tractors representing a 27% increase in your gross vehicle trail weight, the crucial question is – are your brakes up to speed?
LOLER testing is a legal requirement, and it is only a matter of time until brake testing also becomes a prerequisite but in the meantime, please, don’t be tempted to put the brakes on your service expenditure or you could pay a hefty price! We all recognise the importance of servicing our tractors, but defective braking systems on trailers and tankers are simply an accident waiting to happen. We have the very latest brake testing diagnostic equipment and our BAGMA trained team are ready to put your tractor, trailer or tanker to the test. One call to your nearest Hamilton Brothers Depot will put your mind at rest!
Be Prepared for the New Legislation for Tractors and Trailers!
Find out everything you need to know to ensure your tractor and trailed equipment meet the correct criteria for the new legislation coming into force by reading ‘Look Behind You’ prepared by the Agricultural Engineers Association.
- Farm Yellow with our Beatson Cancer Charity Facebook Photo Contest to Win £200 Worth of Gift Vouchers!
- Learn How to Blitz your Bracken at Argyll Small Woods Cooperative Demonstration Day!
- Drive the Latest JCB Agriculture Range at our Hamilton Ross Group JCB 2017 Roadshow!
- Valtra’s New 4th Generation A Series Celebrates UK Launch!
- The Countdown is on for The Royal Highland Show!