THE NEW GREENING LAWS. A RUSH JOB FOR FARMERS?May 6, 2015
Preview Our Top Selling Mowers, Toppers and Slashers to Help You Preen those Pastures and Blitz those Weeds!
With the new ‘Greening’ laws in force from January this year and associated financial repercussions for failure to comply, field maintenance and management has never been more important. We of course have everything you need at Hamilton Brothers to help you keep on top of the new legislations with our massive range of cultivation equipment including industrial trailed mowers, toppers, slashers and weed wipers.
You’ll be ‘Mown Away’ With the Choice on Offer!
With so many models to choose from to help you preen those pastures, beat the rush or blitz those weeds or bracken, we decided to cut to the chase, and get our Bishopton General Manager Jim Steel to give us his top recommendations. Here’s his suggestions and of course he would be pleased to provide you with more information on these or any other mowers, toppers or slashers which you may be interested in…
MAJOR 800 SM-HD SIDE MOUNTED MOWER
Tackles tricky weeds other toppers can’t reach!
This robust, fully offset three point linkage side mounted topper comes with either an 8′ (2.4m) or 9′ (2.7m) cutting width. Other features include:
- Overlapping twin-cut high lift swinging blades and under-sole discs.
- Hydraulic offset with integrated hydraulic breakaway for impact damage limitation to tractor.
- Floating top link ensures cutting deck hugs ground contours.
- Damper bar prevents lateral vibration.
Watch the machine in action!
FOSTER TL 108 TWIN ROTOR PASTURE TOPPER
Robust and revels in large acreages and small rushes.
This very popular model comes front or rear mounted for tractors in excess of 45hp. The front mounted version is also available with a 1000 RPM driveline and optional castor wheels. Main features include:
- Full 9′ cutting width.
- Twin jaw linkage mountings with category 2 pins.
- Cutting height adjustable on skids at 2”, 4” and 6”.
- Heavy duty gearbox and PTO shaft driveline with rubber couplings for added protection with removable guard for easy maintenance.
- Spring steel contra rotating rotors and heavy cranked blades with 3” overlap to avoid striping.
Looking for a mower that can cope with out of control scrubland? Built using Optim™ high-strength steel, this aptly named ‘Cyclone’ will clear everything in its wake from rushes, saplings, gorse and brush to arable stubble, maize and rapeseed crops!
There are four models currently available; a 2m, 2.5m, 3m and 5.5m model. The 2m model has a side shift function (400mm) and can be front or rear mounted. Other features include:
• Anti scalp hardened blade saucer with internal bearings.
• Patented inter-gearbox drive system.
• Rear roller fitted with twin taper bearings each side as standard.
• Impact shock reducing swinging hardened spring steel blades.
• Low maintenance machine with less wearing parts than a flail mower.
• 30% less power and fuel consumption than a flail machine.
• 25% more output per day than comparable flail machines.
Watch the Cyclone in action!
Designed for tractors in the 50-80HP range, has a 5′ 6″ cutting width and available with cutter chains or blades, this versatile slasher is Foster’s top seller. Other features include:
- Overrun clutch and shearbolt protection on PTO shaft as standard.
- Optional 100 HP gearbox and friction (slip) clutch on PTO
- High quality gearbox & shaft for optimum performance.
- Tubular skids for greater flotation on wet ground.
- Fitted with high tensile cutter chains which bounce to avoid rocky terrain.
- Simple cutting height adjustment.
- Feed Your Needs With Foster Forage Boxes This Winter!
- 100% Off For 100 Years With Amazone!
- Repair Instead of Replace with Hamilton Brothers JCB Refurbishment Servicing Programme!
- CABBED DUMPERS DEEMED ESSENTIAL FOR SITE SAFETY!
- FOUR’S A PARTY WITH THE NEW KUBOTA RTV X-1140!