HAMILTON BROTHERS PLOUGHS ON TO VICTORY!February 21, 2012
Farmer John Neil literally ploughed his way to victory on Saturday 18th February at the Ayrshire Association Ploughing Match held at Monktonhill Farm.
John of Barmuir Farm, Tarbolton powered up his shiny new MF6470 and beat off stiff competition to win the ‘Demonstrator Class’ with his opening feering, ploughing of the plot and a finish that Rabbie Burns would have been proud of!
“My brother Derek says the jury’s out as to whether my success was down to the pulling power of my new tractor, or my prowess as a ploughman!” said a modest but delighted John. “But he’d have to say that because he sold it to me!”
Derek who is an Area Sales Manager for Hamilton Brothers in Tarbolton was of course at the event on Saturday to cheer his brother on. “For years he’d been trying to convert me to Massey going on about superior build and hydraulics etc. Eventually he won me over and I have to admit I’m well impressed.”
Indeed, faster than you could say ‘Ploughman’s Lunch’ John had everything furrowed except his brow on the day. And the moral of this tale? IF IT AIN’T RED…LEAVE IT IN THE SHED!
- Farm Yellow with our Beatson Cancer Charity Facebook Photo Contest to Win £200 Worth of Gift Vouchers!
- Learn How to Blitz your Bracken at Argyll Small Woods Cooperative Demonstration Day!
- Drive the Latest JCB Agriculture Range at our Hamilton Ross Group JCB 2017 Roadshow!
- Valtra’s New 4th Generation A Series Celebrates UK Launch!
- The Countdown is on for The Royal Highland Show!