Learn How to Beat The Rush at the Mid Argyll NFUS Rush Control Meeting!February 6, 2018
Spring is round the corner and it’s almost time to beat the rush! Come along to the free Mid Argyll NFUS Rush Control Meeting at the Kilmartin Hotel in Argyll on 21st Feb to see the latest in weed wiping machinery.
Since the introduction of “Greening” laws, field maintenance has gained a new importance. With these new rules and regulations, failure to keep rush under control can lead to serious financial implications for farmers.
The best way to avoid such implications is to invest in a topper, mower or weed wiper but with so many machines on the market it can be difficult to choose. If you are unsure how best to wipe your weeds, then why not pop along to the Mid Argyll NFUS Rush Control Meeting! Not only will you get to see the latest mowers, toppers and weed wipers but you will also learn about how rush grows and spreads. Check out the line up of machinery we will be bringing below.
The Top of the Range Demonstration Day Line Up
LOGIC CONTACT 2000 WEED WIPER
The Logic 2000 Weed Wiper is the ultimate machine for chemical control, giving a 95% kill rate with the first application. This nifty wiper has been designed to be towed behind an ATV or utilities vehicle and guarantees effective measures against many common weed species including rush, bracken, thistle and nettles. What’s more an electronic flow metre controls the rate of application, therefore avoiding dipping of chemicals from the rollers and any associated wastage.
Other key features of the Logic Weed Wiper include:
- 60 litre supply tank to carry sufficient chemical and treat large areas.
- Offset drawbar.
- Chemical Control system to ensure correct saturation of chemical on the brush.
- Unique Contra-Rolling chemical brush to ensure rapid and effective weed control whilst avoiding untargeted plants and grass.
- Saves on chemical costs compared with spraying.
- Ensures excellent coverage of weeds.
- 5m and 2.5m versions available
- Units can be supplied with a dedicated drawbar or mounted chemical supply tank or a board boom sprayer.
LOGIC MFP FLAIL MOWER
The heavy duty Logic Flail mower can handle tougher topper tasks and mulch though all sorts of vegetation. What’s more, with low ground pressure and an anti-scalping roller to prevent bald patches, this logical machine can double up for general field use in orchards and footpaths.
This model is available with both 1.2m and 1.5m cutting widths and is designed to be towed behind any vehicle. Top features include:
- 16hp Briggs and Stratton ‘V’ Twin Engine.
- Complete with quick-offset drawbar.
- Easy height adjustment.
- Emergency engine kill switch.
- Anti-scapling roller to avoid bald patches.
- Cut material is evenly distributed over the full width of the machine.
- Choice of wheels alongside or behind, to improve access through narrow openings.
- Electric start and remote control throttles available.
MAJOR 3000 CYCLONE MOWER
The Cyclone Mower can help you manage major scrubland! Built using Optim™ high-strength steel, the Cyclone’ will clear everything in its wake from rushes and saplings arable stubble, maize and rapeseed crops!
There are four models currently available at 2m, 2.5m, 3m and 5.5m. The 2m model has a side shift function (400mm) and can be front or rear mounted. Other features include:
- Designed for sensitive environment scrubland control.
- Anti scalp hardened blade saucer with internal bearings.
- Patented inter-gearbox drive system.
- Heavy duty rear roller fitted with twin taper bearings each side.
- Shock reducing swinging hardened spring steel blades.
- 25% less power and fuel consumption required than a similar sized flail.
- Low maintenance machine with minimal servicing requirements.
TEAGLE FLAIL MOWER
Teagle flail mowers and mulchers have a range of terrific features to ensure ease of operation and straightforward maintenance for long service life.
- High Rotor Speeds improves ability to pick up fallen material.
- Heavy Duty Hammer Flails guarantee a clean cut.
- Height Adjustable Rear Roller helps control the flow of materials.
Bracken Clearing Free Demonstration Day, Wednesday 21st February – Save the Date!
Don’t miss out on the chance to beat the rush at our demonstration day from 3.30pm to 5pm on Wednesday 21st February at the Kilmartin Hotel, Argyll, PA31 8RQ! In order to attend this free event, please RSVP to Alastair Dixon at email@example.com or 07771 577889.
- Learn How to Beat The Rush at the Mid Argyll NFUS Rush Control Meeting!
- Tractor Homologation Explained… and a Huge Saving You’ll Want to Know About!
- Come and See the Latest Valtra Range at our Hamilton Ross Group Roadshow!
- Massey Ferguson complete their Global Series in Style!
- Feed Your Needs With Foster Forage Boxes This Winter!