Massey Down the Decades Pulls the Crowds at Arran Show!August 9, 2011
The sun shone over Lamlash Bay last week and a massive crowd of over 4,000 descended in their droves to witness one of the most memorable Arran Shows in its 175 year history. Highlights of the show for us at Hamilton Brothers was the visit to our stand by HRH The Princess Royal, Princess Anne who was fascinated by our ‘Massey Down the Decades’ documentation of every tractor sold to Arran farmers since we opened in 1946! Indeed it proved to be a real crowd puller as the farming community clamoured to catch a glimpse of Arran’s prolific agricultural history.
Many congratulations to Faith McKelvie of Brodick who scooped the prize of a Massey 35X brushed metal collectable for correctly guessing the number of tractors we’ve sold in 65 years. Thanks also to everyone who entered the competition and to the many friends and relatives of previous Massey owners for sharing their special memories over the years. Congratulations are also due to Colin Hutton, winner of the vintage tractor competition. His 1960 Massey FE35 De Luxe tractor was originally purchased from Hamilton Brothers on 12th April 1960 by Mr J. MacAlister, Bellevue, Sliddery. “Beautifully restored and probably better than the original!” said Campbell Holmes. “I have to concede it stole the show from our crowd pulling Massey 6499…well, almost!” And as one of our team of Agricultural experts – he should know what it takes to have the tractor factor!
- Farm Yellow with our Beatson Cancer Charity Facebook Photo Contest to Win £200 Worth of Gift Vouchers!
- Learn How to Blitz your Bracken at Argyll Small Woods Cooperative Demonstration Day!
- Drive the Latest JCB Agriculture Range at our Hamilton Ross Group JCB 2017 Roadshow!
- Valtra’s New 4th Generation A Series Celebrates UK Launch!
- The Countdown is on for The Royal Highland Show!