Royal Seal of Approval for Hamilton Brothers?July 21, 2011
We may not have been around quite as long as the monarchy, (although some days it feels like it), but on hearing a rumour that the Princess Royal is planning on putting in an appearance at this year’s Arran Show on 3rd August, we’ve decided to make it a royal occasion. We’re rolling out our shiniest red Massey Ferguson 6499 with a massive 250hp which we hope will roll off the ferry in time to provide the Tractor Factor at the show. This mean machine is probably the biggest tractor ever seen on the island, so if the Princess requires a ride back to her helipad or ferry terminal…we’re at your service Ma’am!
As it’s the 175th anniversary of the Arran Show, we also thought it would be fun to step back in time to 1947 when Hamilton Brothers sold its first tractor. We’ve dug out our dusty old sales ledgers of every Massey Ferguson tractor we’ve sold over the decades, so if you want to have a guesstimate, the boss might even part with some of his precious giveaways on the day if you get close to the figure! Other attractions include the MF 390, MF135, Kubota RTV and the innovative multi-purpose Tracmaster 2 wheeled pedestrian tractor with a host of snow clearing and garden power attachments. Definitely worth a look as it looks like we’re in for another Arctic winter! Meanwhile, let’s hope it isn’t lashing in Lamlash and that sunshine prevails on the day. We look forward to seeing you at the Show.
- Introducing our July Machine of the Month… The Magnificent Major Cyclone Mower!
- We guarantee the GreenMech chipper will leave you pining for more!
- Calling all Young Farmers… Massey Ferguson have a Special Finance Scheme just for you!
- Find out how to raise your lambs’ growth potential at our Elanco Meeting!
- Hamilton Brothers help shape the Grade A Listed Gardens of Duchal Estate!