Serious RAMifications for Sheep Rustlers!October 31, 2011
‘EWE’VE BEEN FRAMED’ is the latest war cry of many Scottish farmers who are having to resort to installing CCTV in an attempt to catch intrepid sheep rustlers in action! Farming experts have reported that sheep thefts from outlying crofts and farms nationwide have doubled over the last couple of years due to the rising prices for lamb.
One such tenant farmer, David Renwick in Wester Ross is optimistic that his new ‘Sheep-Cam’ investment will save him a fortune in the long run as he has been losing up to 90 sheep a year. When you consider that the average price of a sheep is around £75, with some breeds reaching £200, other farmers will soon be ‘flocking’ on to the CCTV idea!
There is of course another much cheaper alternative of the ‘Ewe’ve Been Tangoed’ variety. Last year, enterprising Devonshire farmers John and James Heard hit the headlines when they purchased a pack of Bloom Powder from us at Hamilton Brothers. Having lost 200 sheep to rustlers in recent years they came up with the baaaarmy idea of dying their entire flock of Blackface ewes bright orange. Since then, they have not lost a single sheep. So, if you’re driving around the countryside in the coming months and you think you’re seeing red… you probably are. It’s Rudolph the Red Coated Ramdeer!
- Farm Yellow with our Beatson Cancer Charity Facebook Photo Contest to Win £200 Worth of Gift Vouchers!
- Learn How to Blitz your Bracken at Argyll Small Woods Cooperative Demonstration Day!
- Drive the Latest JCB Agriculture Range at our Hamilton Ross Group JCB 2017 Roadshow!
- Valtra’s New 4th Generation A Series Celebrates UK Launch!
- The Countdown is on for The Royal Highland Show!