STIHL MOWER CHOICE: BATTERY VS PETROL POWERMay 19, 2015
We Compare Stihl’s Battery Powered Range of Cordless Gardening Tools with their Recently Launched Petrol Powered KombiSystem.
Looking for a cordless garden power tool system but can’t decide between battery or petrol power? Power tool giants Stihl have upped the anti this season with a new extended range of their immensely popular Battery Powered Cordless Tools to rival the alternative petrol powered KombiSystem.
So which system best suits your needs? We’ve compared the two systems to help you make your mind up, so read on then make your decision!
One Battery Powers All!
The last couple of seasons have seen sales of Stihl’s battery powered range rocket in our Hamilton Brothers Depots. The concept of ‘one battery powers all’ has been a great hit with gardening enthusiasts and now, with the new extended range of attachments and the option to purchase online from our Stihl Shop we’re stocked up and ready to cope with an even greater demand!
Powered by a 36v Lithium-ion Battery the garden tools have the power of petrol with no noxious fumes! Other bonuses include no power source required (other than to charge the battery) and exceedingly quiet operation, which means you can carry on gardening with impunity even on a Sunday!
PROS of Stihl’s Cordless Battery Powered Range
- Quiet operation
- Cordless operation ensures flexibility
- No maintenance or fuel costs after initial purchase
- Choice of 3 chainsaws, 2 brushcutters, 2 telescopic pruners, 4 hedgetrimmers, 2 long reach hedge trimmers and a Viking battery powered mower, leaf blower and cut off saw
- Initial expense of £247 + for battery and charger
- Battery power life limitations only cover a running time of 40-120 minutes before a
recharge is required
One Petrol Engine & 12 Attachments to Ease Your Workload
Looking for a reliable and powerful multisystem which can handle all kinds of gardening or commercial grounds maintenance jobs? Then the Petrol powered KombiSystem is the one for you. Whether you want to trim lawn edges, sweep open spaces, cut hedgerows or blow leaves, you can do it all with just one machine.
Currently, the KombiSystem boasts five engines ranging from the basic KM 56 RC-E engine with Ergo Start to the revolutionary 130 R Series professional high torque 4-MIX engine and 12 attachments to meet the needs of both professionals and hobbyists.
PROS of Stihl’s Kombi Power Tool System
- Powerful output for large scale jobs
- 5 engines ranging from of 1.1-1.9 HP
- 12 attachments to perform various jobs
- Attachments such as HT-KM Pole Pruners designed to suit professional foresters
- Practical quick-release coupling lets you change the KombiTool in next to no time so you can get
to work right away.
- Less applicable for small home garden projects
- Initial outlay of £255-£552+VAT for engine
Whether you opt for battery or petrol power there is no denying that cordless gardening tools are STIHL the best! And when you purchase from Hamilton Brothers, you can rest assured you are purchasing superior, quality products with full back-up service for extra peace of mind.
- Farm Yellow with our Beatson Cancer Charity Facebook Photo Contest to Win £200 Worth of Gift Vouchers!
- Learn How to Blitz your Bracken at Argyll Small Woods Cooperative Demonstration Day!
- Drive the Latest JCB Agriculture Range at our Hamilton Ross Group JCB 2017 Roadshow!
- Valtra’s New 4th Generation A Series Celebrates UK Launch!
- The Countdown is on for The Royal Highland Show!